My name is Jaffa and I am an Art lover.
I have been painting professionally for more than 24 years and I am a member of ArtScene Gallery in Spencerville, ON.
My main mediums are: oil, charcoal, pastel and encaustic (bees wax painting), an old medium that will last forever and is bright.
My style was rather classic at the beginning (masters, impressionists, etc.), but in recent years I have worked on a more modern approach to painting. My favourite palettes are the earthy colours. I follow summer art classes at Fleming College of Art in Haliburton and take a lot of different workshops.
Four years ago I discovered the joy of making jewelry. I put my love of colours and shapes into the creation of necklaces, bracelets and earrings using gemstones, crystal, glass and wire.
My main aim is to fill hearts with the love of Art and the discovery of beautiful things in life.
• Broc'art Gallery in Geneva, Switzerland
• Auberge de Bromont in Quebec
• Summer's Painter Annual Exposition called 'Bromont in Arts' in Bromont, Quebec
• VIP tent of the International World Class Jumping Horse contest in Bromont, Quebec
• various private collections in Canada, Switzerland, France and Israel
Juried Shows (2006-2011)
• Mill Pond Gallery in Richmond Hill, ON
• Town of Aurora (Town Hall), 2006-2011
• Markham Juried Show, in Markham, ON
• Aurora October Juried Show, in Aurora, ON, 2007 (first prize in oil medium category)
• Aurora October Juried Show, in Aurora, ON, 2009 (honourable mention in mixed media category)
• Aurora Golf Juried Show, in Aurora, ON, 2009-2011
Latest Exhibitions and Sales (2006-2012)
• SPA, Richmond
• Mill Pond Gallery, Richmond Hill
• Markham Theatre, City of Markham
• Gwillimbury Sharon Town Offices
• Aurora Library, Town of Aurora
• Course House of Newmarket
• Sharon Temple, Sharon
• Town Hall, City of Aurora
• NHC, Newmarket